Make Cel Shaded 2d Characters with Krita
Learn how to create character sprites for games with a cartoon or cel shaded art style!
In this short course, I will show you some special tricks I found to create cartoon characters fast. We will look at the specifics of making cell shaded sprites for games, but everything you will learn applies to illustration.
The series is based on the open source webcomic Pepper&Carrot by David Revoy, available under the CC-By 4.0 Licence.
What will I learn?
- How to achieve the cartoon or anime style shading
- How to design a character based on an existing art direction
- Lighting and shading for game sprites
You'll get 14 tutorials and a full commented art timelapse.
All that using Krita, the free and open source digital painting program. The course focuses on static sprites, it doesn't cover character animation.
- The pace might be a bit fast for absolute beginners. If you are new to game art, please check the Make Professional Painterly Game Art with Krita workshop first
- If you have never used Krita before, check out my free 6 hours long Krita tutorial series
Krita is a free and open source program, and it works on all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). Click here to download it
No strings attached
You don’t like the course? You get a 30 days money back guarantee. Just drop me a message: no questions asked.