Get our new courses
This course was created for Godot 3.0. To get our new and up-to-date courses, click here.
Become a better game developer!
With this course, you will learn to create your own top-down game inspired by Zelda, using the Free and Open Source game engine Godot 3.0
Watch the chapters in any order! Unlike other courses out there, each chapter isolates and explores one key topic.
What will I learn?
- Learn the game creation process, the way the professionals do it
- Discover the best practices in Godot 3.0
- Understand how 2d game creation works with lessons that go beyond the surface
- Learn game creation techniques that apply to any genre
There are over 30 free Godot tutorials on GDquest. If you like the content and the pace, this course is for you!
This is not a series for absolute beginners: you should have at least some programming experience. I highly recommend that you watch some free tutorials first.
Hobby, Indie, and Pro versions
Subscribe to get special deals and know when new courses come out.
Learn to code the core mechanics, build tile-based levels and code AI:
- The character controller
- Combat mechanics: life, attacks, and death
- AI 1: Design 2 simple monsters
- Build levels with Tiled map editor
- Breathe life to the game: world animation and particles
- AI 2: Add a pattern-based boss
Click here to see the Indie version
All from Hobby plus:
- Design and code the game's User Interface
- Learn the Game Design Workflow. Features exclusive interviews and tips from three successful indie game designers: FibreTigre (Out There), Emmanuel Corno (Event) and Edouard (Atomic Racoon)
to see the Pro version
All from Indie plus:
- Build a Shop and an Inventory
- Polishing the game
- Design pattern: implement Finite State Machines in Godot
- Exclusive assignments and extra Godot examples for each chapter
30 days money back
If you don't like the course or you didn't learn a thing, drop me a message within 30 days after your purchase to get an instant refund! No questions asked.
Get in touch
Send me a message anytime on Twitter, @NathanGDquest, or a nathan [at] gdquest.com
- You'll get
- Code examples24
- Bonus tuts9